G.M. Griffin, a Navy mechanic, spent his free time making handmade fried pies on the back porch of his brother-in-laws house in Radford, VA. As Griffin's pies grew in popularity, he decided to forge a business partnership with his cousin Alton Bodenheimer of Winston-Salem, NC. Together they started B&G Handmade Fried Pies located on South Marshall Street in Winston-Salem, in 1949.
Over a Half Century later, B&G pies are still carefully rolled and filled one by one. Using original recipes, our delicious handmade fried pies come in five flavors: Apple, Peach, Lemon, Chocolate & Cherry.
B&G has also recently introduced the D-Lish Treat. This no-bake oatmeal, chocolate, peanut butter treat is rich in flavor and reminds many of us of a similar treat that one of our relatives would make. The D-Lish is hand dipped, cooled and then wrapped in a very colorful package.
• Fully cooked - ready to eat
• Individually packaged - 4 oz size
• Filling made from scratch using original recipes
• Famous and colorful wrapper identifying each flavor
• Attractive merchandising in one dozen display boxes
• All flavors priced the same
• UPC codes unique to each flavor
• Perfect for lunchboxes, on-the-go snacks or a special treats with ice cream
• Hand dipped chocolate, oatmeal, peanut butter treat
• Individually packaged 3.75 oz size
• Unique recipe from scratch
• Top-quality ingredients including imported cocoa
• Proprietary process that gives consistent quality
• Attractive merchandising in two dozen display boxes
• Multi-name branding on durable polypropylene wrapper
• Perfect for lunchboxes or on-the-go snacks
• Proven sales performance